First thing you should know when talking to someone online are dangers you can run into. This is very important and this is something everybody should know because if you know all dangers that can come onto you then you can get prepared, if you don’t know the dangers you can’t get prepared and they can surprise you.
Who am I talking to?
First let’s take a situation when somebody sends you a private message on the Facebook, what can happen:
- If you know the person in real life there is a possibility it IS NOT the person who you think it is, it could be:
- somebody who hacked into your friend’s Facebook account.
- a friend of your friend who is trying to trick you
- friend’s brother/sister
- friend’s jealous boyfriend/girlfriend
- If you don’t know the person in real life (this also goes with point #1 from this text) it could be:
- a pedophile, rapist or some other kind of extremely sick person who can do a lot of harm to you
- a member of a sect or cult who is searching for new members
- somebody who has no life and who’s only meaning of life is to joke with other people on the Facebook
- somebody who is sick and want’s to talk sick things to you and want’s to persuade you in doing some weird stuff
- somebody who is jealous of you and want’s to ruin your life
- somebody who want’s to rob your house and want’s to learn as much as he can about your household members habits and house security
How can you recognize if you are talking to somebody mentioned above?
YOU CAN’T! There is no way to know who are you talking to on Facebook. In every case the person will seem very nice and polite at first, he doesn’t want you to be suspicious and to know about his goal. They will try to persuade you that they are good persons, they just want to be your friends, but THEY DON’T, they want to do you harm, and you have to be very very careful when talking to someone on Facebook, you never know who is on the other side.