So you got to the point where you want to meet someone you met on Facebook, you will go and try to make your Facebook love become your real life love. I hope you have already read about all dangers that can get you, if you have then you can continue reading this article.
Before arranging a date you have to be 110% sure this person is safe, don’t trust pictures you see on his/her Facebook profile, anybody can put someone else pictures on his profile, pictures mean nothing. Knowing someone means talking to him, trying to analyze the person.
Let’s say you are 110% sure, let’s go to planning your date. Here are the things you need to plan:
- PLACE – Pick some very crowded place for your first date, maybe a city square, or shopping mall, or something like that where a lot of people can see you. This way you can be safe this person can’t hurt you or something.
- INSURANCE - Tell your friend, brother/sister or parents WHO are you meeting with and WHERE are you meeting. It is also a good practice to bring your friend with you so he/she can watch your first meeting from the distance. This will make you safe but also it is a good tactic if you don’t like your date your friend can get you out of it
- CHECK – Tell someone to call you to your cellphone in the middle of the date. You can arrange some secret codes, for example:
- you say “I can’t talk right now” – you mean “everything’s fine on the date, don’t worry“
- you say “Oh… ok… I’ll be right there” and then say to your date that your dog started to throw up and you have to go home immediately - you mean “I don’t like this date, I want to go home“
- you say “oh… I’m so sorry you feel sick” – you mean “this guy/girl is sick, come and get me out of here, I’m afraid he/she can hurt me“
Even if everything goes well on the first date avoid going to your date’s place. It is a good practice to introduce your date to your friend to hear your friend’s opinion, it’s always a good thing to hear second opinion.